I promise not to continue the theme of the last post - when I basically moaned about my day. But the day before that I had decided to finish the mixed media topper - or rather start it - from the evening with the Mold II ladies last week. On last Sundays post when I showed the Mold II photos of their mixed media cards I mentioned I hadn't had time to do mine during the evening & that also I would do mine in pale colours rather than the black finish for a change.
So! I laid out my pieces;
The colours you can see on it are the actual colours of the pieces I used.
My next step was to cover it all with white Gesso;
Things going quite well at the moment.
I then spent a little time thinking about the next stage. What pale colours was I going to use & what medium would they be in.
For some strange reason I decided on an overall cover of a shade of pink. Which I arrived at by mixing red acrylic paint with white Gesso.
Mistake number 1
What on earth was I thinking & where am I going to go from here.
Well, I decided to paint the pieces in different colours.
Mistake number 2 & total disaster.
I hate it.
After staring at it for a while I realised one of the things I did wrong was to layout such a symmetrical design. The nice thing about this technique is the randomness of it.
So where did my randomness disappear too.
It is now sitting on my desk as a reminder of what not to do.
I am going to produce another one over the next few days & have had the thought that I could use some of my shimmer sprays instead of acrylic paints. That's the idea anyway.
I thought I would show this to you to just show how easy it is to get things wrong if you don't think them through.
Tomorrow I will have the photos of the CSNW project from Wednesday night.
'Bye for now.