a celebration

A very good evening ladies - but rather late I must say;

Yesterday evening I attended the monthly meeting of my HSNW club - (the one that originally brought you the Stamp Festival at Port Sunlight).

The celebration?

Well last night was our 21st birthday  - it is amazing to think we have been going that long.  Lots of people have been members - some still are - me for one. All because 4 of Carolines customers to her workshops (me being one of them) wanted more play time. So! HSNW was born.

We had a pleasant evening with some demonstrations from members of the club & some nibbles & drinks to celebrate.  Non-alcoholic of course.

I couldn't let an occasion of this sort to go unnoticed - so I made a card to give to the committee, for the members & here it is;


I had the topper in my stash box waiting for the right card.  The "Happy Birthday" was a stamp I have had for some time - possibly free on Craft Stamper magazine - but not sure.  For years I have had a mini alphabet & number set of stamps & they get taken out of the box every so often - yesterday was one of those "every so often occasions".  With them I was able to personalise the card with the "HSNW" & "21". Basically an A5 cream DL card with the elements layered onto black card & then to the base card.

The technique for the topper was using pva glue at various times during the colouring of the image giving an almost "spotlight" type of technique.  I don't think I have shown you all how it works. Will have to put that to rights - will think about adding it to the programme - perhaps next year now.

That's me for today - more tomorrow.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko