An idea to share

Good morning ladies

I have decided that this week I will try as much as I can to indulge myself for myself. There are many different things I want to try but always seem to get them left behind everything else.  But I will share them with you.

Whilst taking a break in one of my larger indulgences I remembered an idea I had seen somewhere combining stamping & embossing folders.  So I thought now was the time to try it out.

Here is the photo;


For the stamp I used one of CaroLines texture stamps, from years ago.  It is just the words "Happy Birthday" in a type of Oriental script repeated over & over again.

I inked it with a Caramel Adirondack ink pad & then stamped it onto the smooth inside of the embossing folder.  (That's the side where the paper gets pushed into the design).  I then placed a piece of white card inside the folder & ran it through my Gemini machine.

For the next stage I used Vintage Photo distress ink to gently ink the raised design, & also around the edges of the card.  It just so happened I had a scrap piece of Kraft card so I adhered it to that to see how it looked in a more finished way.  That will be put to one side & eventually made into a card. I tried not to get ink down on the background when inking the embossed design - but it is almost impossible.  I think I will have to work out how to cut some mini round blending pads.

ONE BIG TIP;  Text will come out reversed.  But as I didn't over ink it, it doesn't matter - its just a random background.  But obviously something to bear in mind.

I wonder how many of you have already discovered this & I am only just catching up.  Perhaps I will see it on some of your cards in the future.

That's me done.  Back to my bigger project.
'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post