My MDF heart

Good morning everyone

Today I have photos of the MDF heart that I decorated, & which I started at the Mold II meeting late last month;


This is the back of the heart which I covered with a blue & white Snowflake designer paper & added a die-cut fancy Merry Christmas to put on it.


This is the front, which I painted with a mixture of acrylic paints to arrive at this shade of blue which is as close as I could get it to the colour of the paper on the other side. (In real life it is a little more subdued than this - but not much).

I die-cut some Poinsettia petals out of white paper & blue & white snowflake designer paper.  I glittered the edges of the blue shapes - a slightly unusual thing for me.  Having worked out where I wanted the poinsettias I then stamped the sentiment, which as I did on the black heart - I stamped with white gesso.  I then glued the white flowers in place, followed by layering the blue flowers & then placing a little clear crystal in the centre of each.  To balance the sides I glued some more clear crystals around the left hand edge.  The edge of the heart I coloured with blue Inca Gold gilding wax - which when polished looks really nice. It is now just waiting its ribbon for hanging.

Of course my heart work is not over yet as of course I started another one at the CSNW meeting last week. Not sure when I will do that - need to have a think about it first.

That's me for today - more tomorrow.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko