new home card

Good afternoon ladies.
Well, it did turn out a nice weekend - a bit blowy - but very pleasant.

I finally made a new home card for our daughter out in the States - I just couldn't make up my  mind what to do - but then one of the magazines came with a free door embossing folder & some stamps that were Christmas themed.

As soon as I saw the door I knew that was what I would use. Then had the idea of using it on a stepper card. Seem to be in to stepper cards at the moment.

Here is the finished card -


I embossed the door in white, then decided I was going to use kraft card for the stepper. Well, that was actually my second choice I had first made the stepper from a bright blue card then didn't like it. I gave the door a distressed look with some Distress inks which looked better on the kraft card.

The stamps that came with the embossing folder included a set of numbers, a door knocker, an outside lantern light, a wreath, a bow, a plant urn & a plant head - oh! & a letter box & some festive greetings.

As you can see I used the door knocker & the numbers.  That is the number of their house in their address - but it doesn't seem to be that long a road according to google maps.  I stamped & cut out 2 of the urns & the flower heads.  I was really pleased with those as I had been trying to decide on the best way to colour them after I had stamped them  - they are open stamps. I looked in my scraps box & there was a piece of paper with tiny pink flowers on it - so I just stamped on that.  It worked out very well.  I think so anyway.  The "new home" is part of a set from Clearly Besotted Stamps.

I hope they like it.

OK - that is me for today.  Tomorrow I am out with Sue - it's time for a good natter.

'bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post