That 70th birthday card

Good afternoon ladies - goodness! it's Friday again & another weekend is with us.

I finally got around to photographing my brothers card this morning & here it is;


Gosh! it looks a bit rumpled there - but it isn't.
It's a centre stepper card, for which I have a die - so no measuring involved - it is perfect.

I cut the juke box from gold mirri card & then attempted to only emboss it in red mirri card.  
Despite the sandwich instruction with my Gemini - the machine wanted to die-cut it - so it did go through in places - but held together.  So I achieved the result I wanted which was the red coming through - not just behind - the design.  I had to be very careful adding adhesive so that it didn't slide & mark the red.

The die cut "happy birthday" is a strange font - the a's & the p's do not join together - I haven't broken them.


This is the message on the back which I have layered onto gold mirri then decorated with musical notes & a record.

A short while ago there was an A4 sheet of stamps free with a magazine & it was all to do with music.  Very handy indeed.

Have a great weekend - I think the weather is going to be reasonable.
'Bye for now.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko