an aniversary card

Good afternoon ladies.

Last week Bob started going down with a cold.  I told him I didn't want it & as he was going to be working away for3 days I thought I would be OK.  Oh, no! Yesterday I started sneezing, so dosed myself up & today it is down to one of those states where you need a paper hanky handy all the time. Fingers crossed it will go as quick.

This morning I took a break from Christmas cards & made an anniversary card for our daughter who lives in the USA. It will have to go in the post tomorrow, along with Christmas cards to make sure it gets there on time.

Here is the card;


The base is a black 15cm  (6") square card & the background paper is one of the many in my stash. I am trying to use them a little more as I have far too much.  

The flourish is a Tim Holtz die that I treated myself to last week.  It came with 2 other dies & they leave the pattern in the paper. I just love them & I have 4 others of his dies that leave the image in the card - they are a little more abstract in their design. 

So the black you can see is the card showing through the paper. The paper is a delicate shade of pink with other colours on it in the butterflies.  I die cut the  "Anniversary" & the butterfly from black card & brightened them by using a lilac Inca Gold gilding wax on them.

Tomorrow I will show you the design for Christmas cards that I chose for the ones I make for one of my non-crafting groups.  Each year for a while now I have made them to be given to those people attending the get-togethers.

That is me for today - more tomorrow.
'Bye.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko