Would you be interested?


Good evening ladies
 I had this item brought to my attention by Joanna of Mold club.
If you watch Create & Craft you may have seen something mentioned about it during their programmes & particularly during a coupe of broadcasts over the Christmas period.

Here is some information to read - before you try the link which will appear at the end.

"All Counties Craft Challenge


Many questions have been asked about the All Counties Craft Challenge so I thought that I would set up this page in way of explanation and to give you an idea of how to get involved.
First let’s take a look at the challenge and why I am doing it.

Who Am I?
Hi, I’m John Bloodworth. I am also known to many as ‘Gentleman Crafter’ as a result of my blog 
                             
I have been creative since I was a small boy. As well as being an enjoyable pastime it has also helped me cope with many of life’s little hiccups.
I have also shared this passion for creativity with the United Kingdom during the past decade whilst creating over 10,000 hours of broadcast material for a TV channel dedicated to arts and crafts.
What am I doing?
I am organising a charity fund raising challenge in aid of Mind, a mental health charity based in the UK, which will see me leave the security and certainty of my home behind and spend just over a year visiting each and every one of the ninety-two (historic) counties in the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland + various Islands) whilst living in, teaching workshops in, crafting in and blogging/vlogging from a motorhome.
The idea has already been pitched to Mind and they have accepted me as a volunteer fund raiser.
Why am I doing it?
It is fair to say that my own life has been turned upside down by mental health issues in recent years, with severe depression and general anxiety disorder making day-to-day life a genuine struggle, but Mind were there for me and have been an outstanding resource and support mechanism through it all.
Through my work and my blog I have also heard many similar stories from individuals around the world.
I am therefore doing this challenge in order to give something back and to help Mind help others who have been affected by similar issues.
As an added bonus I would also hope to be able to share the calming, focusing and ultimately beneficial properties of a creative hobby along the way.
Can you help?"

Here is the link to find out more.  Perhaps some of you might like to get together in a small group? Perhaps we might be able to get him to us?  Let me know what you think at our forthcoming meetings.

I have looked on the website about it & someone in Chester has suggested he try Abakhan in Mostyn (& he is in talks about it) & also the Garden Centre in Hawarden.

I don't know how he arrives at the cost of the sessions - but is something I will look into.

Here is the link to his appeal article - 

https://gentlemancrafter.com/2017/01/07/please-help-more-venues-needed-for-the-all-counties-challenge/

I have been busy again sorting craft room - it is going well - hope to finish tomorrow.  Then I hope the blog will start to show you Christmas cards.

'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post