21st birthday card

Good afternoon everyone.

I nearly forgot to take a photograph of the above card.  In fact I had sealed the envelope, so had to open it.

Here it is;


The base card & its layer are actually a very soft cream, not as white as it looks here.  I stamped the floral flourish in Versamark Ink & embossed with gold EP.  Then the "paint / ink" I had nearest to the colour I was looking for was in fact some Cosmic Shimmer mica powder.  So I mixed that with a little water & used my water brush.  I wanted a more vintage look to the finish so I tore the card around the image then wiped some of the cosmic shimmer onto the edges.  I repeated the same idea with the "Happy Birthday" which was stamped & embossed in gold as well.

The 21 came from a die set I have from Tonic.  There are about 6 of these age dies & they also fit inside a larger die.  I cut this one in a subdued gold card.  It had a little "pimple" effect on it which seemed to match the embossing.  I used a border embossing folder to emboss a pattern near the fold. It didn't quite reach to the bottom but I was able to cover that fact with the Happy Birthday.

When I was over in Cheshire Oaks a few weeks back I popped into The Works & they had a card of metal keys & locks - so that is where I got the key from.  Before attaching it to the card (like a brad) I brightened it with gold gilding wax.

As I said before it is for our grand-daughter, so I hope she likes it.

That's all from me today.  'Bye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post