a recent card

Good morning everyone

Today I have one of my recently made cards to show you.  It is a birthday for my nephew;


Sadly it is not a stamped card - I created it digitally.  I do have a problem making some cards for men & other times everything just seems to fall in place. One problem being that I don't always have suitable stamps amongst my masculine ones for the person I am making the card for.

The items for this card come from a CD by "DoCrafts" called Chronology.  It really had some nice background papers & images based around clocks. So I chose a text paper for the background layer, plus one with clocks lightly marked on it, & the image of the clock in a wooden wheel & the Happy Birthday. I digitally layered the small clocks onto the text background & added a drop shadow to make them look 3-d. I then printed the 2 papers,  cut them to size, added distress ink around the edges & layered them onto a white card. Over the "glass" of the middle small clock & the large stop watch I put some Glossy Accents to give dimension & the look of glass. The smaller paper I placed on foam dots to raise it from the background.  I thought it worked well & my nephew was thrilled with it - so job done!

That is my card for today.
Have a good day - 'bye.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post