a recent card

Good morning everyone

I hope you are having a good weekend.

Today I have a very recent card that I have made, to show you.  So recent that I only made it during Friday & yesterday.  It is for a very long time friend of Bob's who we meet up with regularly for a lunch  & a natter & this coming week he will be 70.

I have a set of 3 CD's with designs for mens cards.  I have had them quite a while & dip into them every so often.  They have things like the birds used here plus travel, clocks, treasures - all vintage themed.


This is the front of the card. I used an 8" square white card, printed one of the background papers & mounted it onto a black card layer.  The focal image I also layered onto black card & mounted it onto the background with sticky pads.  The greeting stamp came from a set with a floral design I think might have been from Woodware.  I no longer have the packaging.  I took a scrap of white paper & coloured it with Antique Linen Distress Ink, then stamped in black & mounted that onto black card as well.

The Antique Linen ink was almost identical to the "cloud" shapes in the focal image. 


I took an insert from the CD & cropped it in some photo software - to produce 2 pieces to fit the card size.  I faded out the owls to soften them a little. I also  altered the background paper that you see on the front of the card & the focal image to get the colour I was looking for & to match.


Then the other cropped piece was left plain for me to add a verse to.

I do hope he likes it.  I was pleased with the finish & Bob seemed to approve as well.

OK - that is me for today - enjoy the rest of the weekend.

'Bye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko