a card made today

Good afternoon everyone - I hope you are all well.

The card I have to show you this afternoon is one that I made during the day - so it is hot off the press.  Well! hot off the craft desk actually.😊

Our daughter who lives in the states has a birthday in early February - so I have to make it & send it in plenty of time to be received for her birthday.  The USA postal service is a little strange & things can take a long time.

Here is the card;


I went for the vintage look this time.

The whole image is one stamp- but where the blank area is - on the right side - I added some partial stamping with background stamps & some texture paste through a stencil. I distressed the edges - both with ink & the side of a pair of scissors.  The piece was then mounted onto black card & then onto a cream card.  I had some corner die-cuts in cream card in my stash so I thought I would use 2 of those as well.  Then I added the "happy birthday" on a piece of black card with a flag cut to finish.

Actually when I photographed the card I felt that it was lacking a little something & realised it was the die-cut corners.  I felt they got lost.  So I went back in & very carefully coloured them.

I will put the original photo here.  See what you think.


It's very dainty but I think it looks better coloured.

This morning I went out in my car for the first time since the end of October.  I only went down to Asda at Queensferry & back which turned out to be enough for the first time.  I am glad I am OK with driving as I can't keep asking Bob to run me to the hairdresser & other little things.  But I will still need him for the longer journeys - as in going to the hospital, plus night time driving.

I will be popping in to the Mold II meeting tomorrow (Tuesday 23rd) just for a short while to drop some things off & pay for the hire of the hall, as the lady wasn't there on Thursday to meet me.

That's me for today.  Take care everyone.
'Bye


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko