Another recent card

Good morning everyone - gosh the weekend is here already. I hope you have some nice things planned.  Or, are you still clearing up after Christmas & the New Year?

Today I have the other card I made in a similar fashion to the one I showed you yesterday;


On this card I used the pink & the white flowers & coloured a background piece of card with a pale pink Distress Ink to tone.  I am trying to remember its name - it is very pale - I think it is Milled Lavender or something similar.  Does this show that I appear to be too lazy to get up & go into the craft room to check what its name is.  I guess it does. 

Again I glued the flowers to the background piece using some cut in half to go on the sides or just trimming off the excess once they were all in position.  The next stage was to then run it through the same spotty embossing folder to meld them together.  I had saved 2 of the pink flowers which I cut into & shaped & layered on to each other then glued it over the top of the central flower.

Because I couldn't stamp on the embossed piece & because I also wanted the design to show in full I chose to use peel offs - a vertical greeting & the 70.  Because the peel off didn't show up as much as I wanted it to I went back in with a pink pen & coloured the inner of the letters.

The next photo shows a close-up.  By the way I haven't put them on slanted its the angle I took the photo at.


Feeling pleased with these 2 cards I looked out some more papers to create the same finish - but couldn't really find one that suited.  Mostly the flowers were too small or the colours too dark.  But I shall keep an eye on my papers as I work through them.

Tomorrow I will show you the family Christmas cards that I made, & as I managed to make a few Christmas cards before all this health thing started I shall have some of those to show you over the next few days. 

So that is my post for today - more tomorrow.
Have a nice weekend.  'Bye for now.

Oh yes ............ before I go.  I did get up & go & look at the name of that Distress Ink & it was "Milled Lavender" ! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post