a recent card

Good afternoon everyone.

I hope you are all nice & warm in this freezing cold weather & I wish the snow wold make up its mind.  Is it going to snow "properly" or are we just going to keep getting these snowfalls that go during the day.

Anyway, today I have one of my recently made cards to show you;


I rather like the effect of white embossing on Kraft card & this time I have done just that.  But it resembles a little the technique we learnt some time back called "the whitewash technique".

On this card I did not use any white ink on the flower petals I used Promarkers & was pleased with the way the colours took on the Kraft card.  I had done a test run on a scrap piece.

The floral spray is one from Honey Doo Crafts .  I used part of the image to stamp & emboss in white around the edge of the base card, then layered the focal image onto a piece of white card before placing it on the base card.  A ribbon down the fold, with a faux bow completed the card. I also stamped & embossed the "happy birthday" twice on the focal image piece.

Now that I mention the "happy birthday" I can see from the photo it looks a little strange - why would I stamp one of them upside down!

Ah yes! I remember now - I haven't turned the photo around.  It should look like this;


That's better!

Right, that is me for today I am going to walk into my craft room, look at what is on my craft desk & see if I can awake my mojo - as it has deserted me again over the last couple of days.

Stay safe & warm.
'Bye  x


Comments

  1. https://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2018/02/see-die-cut-cards.html - maybe this will get your mojo going? I subscribe to Jennifer on YouTube as she does some really lovely stuff - especially with the Altenew stamps and dies. I love your card above, one of those techniques we've learnt and forgotten about!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanna. I will go & take a look at that - I think I have seen some of her work before.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko