mold photos - part 2

Good morning everyone.

Here I am with the second set of photos from Thursday's meeting of the Mold club, as promised.  They are of their  project which was working with canvases brought to us by Janet.

During the weeks since the July meeting Janet created texture on the surface on a small (4" x 4") canvases for everyone.  She also provided a small rectangle to be played with as well.

I did get to this meeting but had had a bad night Wednesday night so was too tired to concentrate, so I went along to watch & get inspiration, & I certainly got that.

Here are the photos.  First the samples that Janet brought in to show us;




The pink one in the middle didn't have the cogs on it - they were added during the evening.


This is the canvas that Janet started in front of the ladies giving hints & tips & ideas.


I love this rectangle - Janet made this after I had left.
Ooh - I need to have a play with my piece.

Thank you for the lovely samples.



These two canvases are by Joan
They both are lovely but I do have to admit to having a special liking for the square one.
Lovely Joan.


This is Joanna's canvas & I was actually sat by her when she started decorating it.  
But I left before she finished.  
She had so many boxes of bits to use & somewhere toward the top left there is part of an interesting piece of leather belt & she has included hot glue to add texture.


Here is Lynn's canvas - now you can see why she doesn't "do" clean & simple.
Brilliant canvas Lynn - very you - I love it.



These 2 pieces are from Mair - I really like that rectangular piece - great colours.
The square canvas shows you do not have to overload a canvas to get great results.



These 2 are from Maureen.  I believe Maureen wasn't that happy with her square canvas.
The rectangle is so different in technique & colour to the square one.
I think its fabulous.



These 2 are from Rachel.
I have to say Rachel I am not so sure about the rectangular one - perhaps it is work in progress?
But I absolutely love the square canvas. The colours & that lovely bronze flower are beautiful


This final one is from Rhiannon & obviously her creativity has carried on from doing the journal page for the Show & Tell.
It's a great canvas Rhiannon - love the cogs.

Well, I went along for inspiration & I have been inspired - now can I do all that inspiration justice.

A big thank you to Janet for bringing this technique to us, & for the preparation of all the canvases. Also all the lovely bits & pieces you brought along for everyone to use along with your paints, Brushos etc.

As usual another big thank you to Joanna for taking & ending me the photos to put in the blog. It is much appreciated because you also are making the project & take time out to take the photos.

I hope your weekend is going well.  We are off to see our grand-son tomorrow - can't wait.
'Bye for now.





Comments

  1. You're very welcome Gloria - it is no trouble at all to take the photos and I managed to have a good 'play' too (though didn't get much done on the rectangle-shaped one, just as far as the brusho background).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko