my special project

Good afternoon everyone.

Today I have a selection of photos for you to see from my special project I have been working on over the last few months.

As you already know we celebrated Bob's big birthday by going on a heritage day trip on a steam train the other week.  When I booked the day I knew there would be quite a lot of photo opportunities & decide I would prepare an album for them to go in as a memory book for him.

Just after starting to make it I was thinking about what to actually put on the front & as I went through embossing folders & stamps I can upon the perfect answer.  It was an embossing folder & stamp set which was free with an issue of Paprcraft Essentials magazine from just before Christmas. I decided to use Kraft card & black card as it had to be masculine of course.  The Kraft card I used was in fact those large Manila file folders.  One file folder left folded & trimmed to size was perfect for a sturdy cover.  I was originally going to use envelopes for the pages but changed my inmd & used Kraft card to create them

Here are some photos of the work in progress of the album; 


The completed cover & the spine for inserting the pages


Two of the pages one as a side loading pocket & one as a top loading pocket


This pocket page also has a pocket on the front of it


& this one has a sideways pocket on the front.

Here are some of the pages with photos;


The cover showing the embossing folder used.
That steam train going across the viaduct was just perfect.  The signpost & the senetiment was part of the stamp set, then I hand wrote our destination points.


The spine showing the cogs that I die-cut & heat embossed to make them extra sturdy


One of the pocket pages that holds a card I made with a message for Bob


A clearer view of the card.  The stamp came from China!!!!




A couple of the pages with photos & one of the postcards I bought that had been in the pocket of the page above it



Photos of the train & the little photo at the bottom is of a little cafe we stopped in on the way home the next day.


The back cover showing the cog decoration - a Tim Holtz die.

There are many more pages & of course photos on the cards inside the pockets, along with information about the day's journey - including our menu for the day.

I am absolutely thrilled with how it turned out.

I have started another one to hold photos of Gwion's first year  - so now this one is finished I can go back to that one.

I hope you liked looking at my album.  In the next couple of days I will have some cards to show you.  I doubt I will get much crafting done tomorrow (Friday) as Bob & I are meeting up with an old friend, out at Nantwich for a meal & natter.

That's me for today.
'Bye for now.

Comments

  1. Fab project Gloria, well done for getting it finished in such a timely manner (i.e. not waiting years to get round to it as I seem to do!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Hi Gloria, I just wanted to say what a lovely album you have created for Bob. I did try to leave a comment but it wouldn't have it. I couldn't find the comment box so thought I'd email you instead.
    Take care, Dot xreceived the folloowing fro Dot of Mold II club;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added Dot's comment as she had had problems putting it on the blog. Apologies on typo errors Dot with the extras at the end.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post