Just chatting

Good afternoon everyone I hope you are all having a good weekend.

Today I have spent a little time tidying up the blog in particular the club pages & project photo page. I have added information for October for Mold & Mold II along with project photos.  The CSNW page already had the information for their October project.

I also updated the club info page, as I noted some of things on there were now out of date.

I have a couple of pieces of news to pass on to you & if you know of a club member who doesn't read the blog please let them know, although the first piece of news will be also announced at the next club night for each club

News item number one;

A slight change to the meeting room for Mold & Mold II clubs.  Starting from the January 2019 meetings we will be meeting in a different room.

The room is the one on the right hand side of the first corridor just as you enter the building(Opposite the entrance to the toilets).  I was shown it when I was there in August & agreed it would be suitable.  It is also cheaper than the big hall - so that will be very handy with regard to your subs fee.

News item number two;

2019 is going to be something of a celebratory year for the clubs.

CSNW club was started in April 1999 - so in April 2019 we will be 20 years old. 

Mold club also started in 1999 in the September, so we too will be 20 years old in September 2019

At some time during the life of Mold club we had more people than it was easy to cope with in one night so the decision was made to split the members & create a second club, & that was how Mold II club started. 

Now, the problem is I cannot remember when we did this & here I may need the help of members - especially those of you who have been attending basically from the start.  Some of you were members of the first club we started - so can you remember when we broke away & created the second group?

In my Mold II club box I have the attendance lists.  The oldest one covers just over a year in that it has 4 months at the end of 2002, & then the whole of 2003.  But the 2002 months do not have any ticks in the attendance columns, which doesn't help.  I can't see why I have included those months if we weren't actually meeting then.  So - do YOU remember.  If it was 2002 then we were 15 years old last year.

Who would have thought we would still be going after all this time!  It makes me very happy that we are still meeting.  For CSNW & Mold clubs I think we should think of someway to celebrate those 20 years, next year.  Perhaps at Mold II we could have a belated 15 years celebration!

Let me know what you think.

Right! I have spent most of the weekend watching tutorials to get my mojo working again - so I think I will now go & make a cup of tea & decide what my first crafty moment will be.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
'Bye for now.


Comments

  1. I had just joined the club before you created the second group and I remember there was a little celebration for Sue and Bill Gilchrist for their Silver Wedding Anniversary. I hope that is helpful. Annette Mold ll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annette - I remember that & I think when I asked the question once before you had mentioned this. They celebrated their Ruby wedding last year - so that is 15 years. So it looks like my guess of 2002 was right. Thank you for replying.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko