a birthday card

Good morning everyone - I hope you are all wrapped up warm if you are out & about. It is really chilly.

Did you all have a good weekend?  I had a very pleasant Saturday afternoon & evening spent with my brother on his flying visit. It always cheers me up to see him & have a chat.

This week sees a colleague of Bob's reaching an important birthday & so I was tasked with making him a birthday card.  I like if possible to link to the person themselves but this was a little difficult as we were not aware of any particular interests I could use.  Whilst having a peek around Pinterest I spotted an idea that I felt I could tweak for my own use.

Here is the card


It's straight to the point!

I used a 7x5 base white card & some patterned papers from my stash.  They were nice quality papers as they were the ones that I kept when I bought some copies of the Tattered Lace magazine.  It was double-sided so I used the darker pattern for the background & the lighter side for the lettering & greeting.

The "Sixty" has not been created as in the Eclipse technique, but based on it.  To achieve it I cut out 4 white of each letter & then a patterned one.  Then I stuck them altogether & glued them to the front of the card.  So they are raised but sturdier than just one layer of card & some sticky pads.

If you don't know what the Eclipse technique is - don't worry I am hoping to introduce you all to it in the new year.

This afternoon Bob & I are off to Liverpool to visit my friend Caroline who recently had a hip operation.  So we are popping over to see how she is getting on.

That is all from me for today.
'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko