trying out your ideas

Good afternoon & what a lovely sunny day it is too.  These sort of days will push winter from our doors!

Today I have 2 cards to show you that I made last week following an idea that had been tried at Mold II club back in August.

Madeline introduced the ladies to using their scraps.  So as I had some new scraps from a project I thought it best to give it a try;




I haven't put greetings or sentiments on the front of the cards, 
because I am going to wait until I use them.

The day was not without its problems, although they started off quite gently.  First, the top card, I created the shapes & laid out the arrangement. So far, so good.  Then I glued them in place & embossed the card once the glue was dry.  Quite pleased with the finish until I noticed that I had put  the embossing folder the wrong way round & ended up debossing instead.  But it looks OK.

On the second card I only embossed the patterned square & now wish I had embossed the whole card.

Later I decided it was time to work on an unfinished project - I mentioned a little while back I had spotted a couple sitting in a box.  This was where the day's problems picked up - but I will talk about that tomorrow.

I hope you all had a nice weekend.  I worked on something new & will show you about that later in the week.

That's me - 'bye for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko