A recent project

Good afternoon everyone I do hope you are having a good weekend.

Christmas has finished in our house - we took the tree down & removed the cards this morning.  Because we didn't go mad making it Christmassy it doesn't look quite so bare as it can do.

So time to start thinking of where our groups will be taking us this year.  I have some ideas in the pipeline for the meetings but always open to ideas from yourselves.

The photo I have to show you on this post is of a project I made prior to Christmas. It was a little something to give Gareth & Elayne.  In the few weeks leading up to Christmas I tried out something I have been wanting to do for a while, which was raised in my thoughts by a workshop I attended where we decorated a tile.  From that I decided I would like to decorate with tissue paper - or paper napkins. 

Then during a session of looking through photos I had another idea.  This is what I made;



The photos are of our grandson & his brother.  The photo was taken sometime after Christmas 2017 as they are wearing their Christmas jumpers - so Gwion is looking more like a toddler now than he does here.

I printed off 4 copies of the photo onto ordinary copy paper & sized them to fit some tiles I had. The photos were then decoupaged onto the tiles using decoupage medium on the tiles first, then painted it over them a couple of times & then finally 3 coats of clear acrylic sealer.  To finish them I went around the edges with a gold soft tip pen & added little resin feet to the backs.

I am very pleased to say that Gareth & Elayne loved them & I am thrilled with them too.  So there will be more tiles made & tissue & napkins used in future projects.

Enjoy the rest of the day.  More soon.
'Bye. 

Comments

  1. What a lovely gift, they look fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanna. I really enjoyed making them & now on my way to some more sets.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko