Member showcase

Good afternoon everyone.

Just recently I had an email from Dot of Mold II club saying how much she enjoyed making the flowerpot card that we did just before Christmas.  During the evening there was some discussion about a stand so that it stood up & Dot has been working on the idea.

In the email she sent a word document with directions to make a stand.  I have copied it for you here.
I have popped back in to edit this post as the diagram got distorted when I copied & pasted it.  I have adjusted it to be a little more accurate.


To make a stand for the flowerpot card:

Cut a strip of 250 gsm card 7” long by 2 ½” wide.

Score at:    ¾” (M),  4 ¾” (M),  5 ¾” (V)  and 6 ¾”  (M)

M= Mountain Fold
V = Valley Fold

With right side facing put strip of strong, wide DSST  tape to top and the bottom folds only.

Turn under the top fold and affix to the centre top of the back of the pot.

Fold a W shape with the remainder of the strip starting with a mountain fold and burnishing it well, then affix to the bottom of the card.



7” long x 2  ½” wide



---------------(M)   3/4” -------------------

  





----------(M)  4  ¾” -----------------------



-----------(V)   5   ¾” -----------------------












-----------(M)  6  ¾” -----------------------
 
 

Dot also sent a document with some labels to let people know that the floral tab in the pot pulls up to see the message - but I am having some difficulty reproducing that for the blog so I will continue to try & put it on the blog when I am successful.

Thank you very much Dot for bringing this to us I know it will be really useful.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko