Mold photos - part 1

Oh No!!!!     Snow!


Pretty - but let's hope we don't get loads.
Fingers crossed.

Right down to business.

Last night saw the first meeting of the Mold club for 2019 & what an evening we had. It was in the new room which looks like it is going to be very comfortable although some jiggling of the tables may be needed.

The first set of photos I have for you are of their Show & Tell for the evening.  The challenge I threw down involved a pad of paper.  Way back - Carol of Mold II was given some pads by one of the exhibitors at Port Sunlight & she gave me some to give to the Mold ladies.  Due to my health interrupting some of my visits at the end of 2017 & beginning of 2018 these pads were not passed on until I did so at the October meeting last year, along with the challenge to make a card for the Show & Tell.

This is what the pad looked like - the cover shows part of each of the designs;


Here are the cards that the ladies made;


Possibly I should have turned Lynn's card round but you can still see the design well & the underlying papers. A true Lynn style design.


Joan had received a "We R Memory Keepers" Alphabet punch board at Christmas (or she may have treated herself) - but anyway she used it to cut out those letters & then another one of the papers trimmed around the design as a border.


Maureen cut out this stylised flower from one of the strips & decoupaged it over another piece, & used one of the other strips to fill the page.  That little stamp goes so well with the design almost made for it.


Janet's card used lots of strips of the pad & a stencil to add texture & included paper piecing, plus that beautiful decoupaged flower.



Two cards from Sheelagh who confessed to not liking the second one & went for a cleaner style for the top one using punches or dies to cut out the elements. Sorry Sheelagh the bottom photo is rather blurry.
 





This is a delightful mini album made by Rhiannon.  I have taken a selection of the pages not all of them.  It was difficult take the photo & keep the album open. Each page is a strip of the pad with stamping & embellishments added.

Rhiannon did also make a card but I am afraid my photography was rather poor & out of focus so I haven't included it.  Rhiannon if you can take a photo yourself & send me a copy I will pop it on the blog later.

I took the photos so that Joanna could concentrate on her demo of the project - but I am obviously out of practise.  Must improve.

There are still more photos to come, as I decided to join - I did get a little carried away as I made four;





I won't put comments on my own cards.

Joanna also made some cards - eight!  The reason for so many, apart from the obvious fact that she found them easy to work with Joanna had been chosen to oversee a project on the Michael Strong website.  So her cards include many of his stamps.






So now others have been set the challenge.

All your cards were amazing ladies - well done.  

That is it for today I have to sort the photos from the project now in order to post them here.  It will be photo heavy so I may split it into 2 posts.

Let's hope this snow doesn't last or get worse - but take care, wrap up warm & mind how you go.

'Bye for now.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post