mold photos - part 3

Good afternoon everyone I am back with the photos of the "Pulled String Art" project from the Mold meeting on Thursday.

Many of the pieces will look similar because the shape that the string or cord is laid down in affects the finished appearance.  So it is only natural when you first try something to lay it down exactly as seen in the demo.  Once the ladies were used to it some other shapes started to appear. Also this is a "print" that cannot be reproduced - every time is different.


Two of Joan's work showing the result on different coloured card &clearly 2 different styles can be seen.



I cannot remember why this one looked so different - possibly paint too wet?


Quite a large group from Rachel.  The black one is stunning.


This is just 2 of many, many pieces that Mair made, I think she really took to this technique.
Mair's 2 examples show clearly how the shapes can differ.



The top photo shows 2 individual samples by Sheelagh & the bottom one shows the mirror image one. Also after creating the green image Sheelagh went back & used gold paint & pulled another pattern over it.



Two mirror image samples from Clare - love the gold one.
Sometimes there is a splodge at the bottom - but than can be covered with the good old butterfly when used.  Or a sentiment.



Two lovely mirror image samples from Maureen.  The definition on the green one is beautiful & it looks like there might have been 2 colours used.



Two samples from Rhiannon.
I cannot remember if the different finish was discussed - it looks like the cord may have been dryer.




Some lovely shapes & textures achieved by Lynn.
Lynn also used some glossy card which you can see on the centre photo & some textured card for the bottom photo.  Love the definition in that lower photo.

In case you are just wondering where my samples are - I didn't take part on the evening.  I have been having a lot of trouble with my hands, particularly with grip, & decided I would try it out in my own time at home.  This I will be doing over the weekend - so should have something to show you on Monday.

The pain in my hands make it awkward to type - so sometimes these posts take quite some time to do.

Well done ladies - I loved the enthusiasm with which you tackled this technique.  A very big thank you to Joanna & Janet for bringing it to us.

NOW DON'T FORGET - as I have already decided on a Show & Tell for February's meeting, it was decided on the evening to bring back one of your samples, made up into a card, for the March Show & Tell.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
That's me for this time - 'bye for now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko