csnw photos - part 1

Good afternoon everyone - sorry I have once again missed a couple of days posting.

On Wednesday I spent some time in the morning, preparing for the CSNW meeting in the evening, & then to make sure I would last the evening, I had a rest in the afternoon.

Yesterday was taken up with my regular visit to Glan Clwyd & although I am usually there for about 1 - 1.5 hours it is still pretty exhausting - so I am afraid I didn't do much when I got home other than prepare these photos for the computer.

The photos today are of the Show & Tell which was to make a card from a sketch which I had given out in December last year, & it was for their February meeting.  Due to that infection I had I didn't actually make it to their meeting so it was held over to this month.

Here is the sketch they used;


Here are their cards;


Ann has used a background sheet that she had made & then layered the patterned pieces over that before layering it onto black card & the base card.  She has also put some texture at the corners through a stencil.  The whole thing has been finished with a clear sparkle spray.


Ruth has turned the sketch around a little & changed the shape of the banner piece. It gives a different look to the card & is very good plus you can still see the original sketch design.


Claire's very delicate paper over that deep colour is really elegant.
The photo had changed the colour quite drastically so I had a play& I think I have got it back pretty  close to the actual colours Claire used.  I love that fine strip bow in the corner & rather stupidly I cannot recall what is made from - weather its fine cord or actually fine strips of paper.


This is Joan's card & at a quick first glance you might wonder where the sketch detail is.
But please look at it carefully as it is all there & Joan had to be commended on her effort. Because she didn't have the sketch she had it described to her over the phone by Claire.  
So well done to Claire as well.

Well, here we are on a Friday once again & I do hope you all have something nice planned for the weekend, so have fun.

I will post the second set of photos from the meeting tomorrow.
That's me for today - 'bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko