mold photos - part 1

Good morning everyone.

Today I have the first set of photos from last nights Mold club meeting & they are of their Show & Tell cards.  This month they had to make a card using one of the "string pull" items they had made at January's meeting.

Here is a reminder of what the "naked", so to speak, string pull design looked like.



Here are the cards they made;


Mair's card is beautifully simple, crisp & clean.
This would make a rather nice Sympathy card.
You wouldn't do one off - but a session of creating basics would be ideal & they could be made into whatever occasion occurred.


Sheelagh has embellished hers with pretty butterflies & those lovely almost oriental style words.
Beautiful!  


Lynn has given the image her mixed media style.
It works really well too.  It's a very versatile image - as the ladies are proving.


Janet made two cards & this is the first one.
The string pull design was created with 3 colours on the string,
& I like the way those colours have been used again for the background.


This is Janet's second card & this time she has used the image as a vase & 
placed die-cut flowers & foliage "in" it
At this stage it isn't actually a card it is the front layer for one.
Most of the ladies thought it would be nice in a frame as a picture.


Joan also decided to use her image as a vase & added some paper leaves as well as flowers.
I love the way the leaves, especially the one at the front are appearing out of one of the swirl shapes.
Giving even more appearance of a vase of flowers.


This delightful idea is from Rachel who has cut out her string pull image turned it upside 
down & made it into a dress for her lovely lady stamped image.  
With some glitter around the "hem" it looks really classy.

Beautiful cards ladies & a lot of great imagination.  I am sure that Joanna & Janet who showed this technique are absolutely delighted with the results.

There are a couple more to come - from Joanna - who had made most of her samples into cards.  She will photograph some & send them to me later.

It was a really good evening, everyone was very cheerful & we also had a bit of a laugh.  You cheered me up no end ladies - I went home feeling quite revitalised - thank you.

Bob & I are meeting up with an old friend of his for a late lunch this afternoon.  It is so good to meet up with friends, but when it includes lunch it is not helping my weight.  Still spring & summer are on the way - lighter meals & salads should sort it.  😄  Oh, & some walking as well.

That's me for today.  The second set of last night's photos over next few days.

'Bye for now & what ever you are doing for the weekend - have fun.

Comments

  1. OMG Gloria I am really sorry I completely forgot last night
    I am really struggling at the minute with my health & my brain fog is not helping me either
    Hope you all had a great night
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was amazed at the varied results of this - such imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare - I emailed you as you were missed & I wanted to know how you were. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post