A Special Happy Birthday


Had to pop back in on Monday 8th to correct the fact that I called our meeting centre Ruthin instead of Rhuddlan
Apologies & thank you to my DH who has just pointed it out.

Today is the 20th birthday of
the CSNW club

Happy Birthday CSNW


CSNW's first meeting was held in April 1999 in Rhyl.

I had run several workshops in a store in Llandudno & one lady, Mary Thompson, had said "what a shame we couldn't meet more often it is so enjoyable".  So I said - "find me a venue & a number of interested ladies - & men - & I will start a club for you".

This Mary did & found us a room in a centre that she worked in just down from the coast road behind the Royal Alexandra Hospital. Then, as you now know, the rest is history.  We have had several different homes but always managed to find somewhere to settle.  We are very happy settled in Rhuddlan Community Centre & hope that continues for quite a while.

I am a Facebook friend with Mary & recently sent her a private message to let her know we are still going strong & that we are 20 today.  She was thrilled to hear this & wished everybody all the best.  Mary had to leave the club when her work took her too far away to attend.

See you all tonight.

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post