a recent card

Good morning all.  I hope you had an enjoyable weekend.

On Saturday I drove down to The Range at Queensferry - I needed 2 specific things - a one hole punch.  A craft one not a stationery type one.  I also required a pot of white chalk paint.  They didn't have either.  I did actually buy something - 2 embossing folder that also cut out part of the design, one had been reduced, & some embellishments suitable for a card for a friend who has a birthday later this month.  I came home very hot & bothered, as it was so hot in the store.

During the afternoon I surfed the Internet & found everything I wanted.  It is no wonder that some street stores are closing, even large ones  - when you can get things so easy & sometimes a lot cheaper on the Internet.

Earlier on in the week I did get drawn in to some items I had seen on Hochanda.  But I went & looked in Craft Stash on the Internet & found the same items cheaper & P&P free!!!!!!  I have been using them for a while now.  My other go to place is That's Crafty.

Anyway, back to my recent card --



This is for one of my nephews who has a birthday next week.  He is a motorbike fan - so I thought the gears embossing folder would be good.  This is one of the cut & emboss folders I bought as mentioned above.

I didn't have a card the right size after I had layered it - so I made one by cutting 2 pieces of card the same size & joining them together at the top having scored the back piece at .5" to create the hinge.  It's a very simple design & I hope he doesn't mind the roses on the paper 😊. Now looking at the phoo,  I think I should have highlighted the raised areas - but I don't always make a good job of that - must practice some more.

That's me for today.
Have a good week.  More later.

Comments

  1. I know what you mean about the heat in The Range! I can never stay long enough to browse nicely in there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post