recent cards - the start of Christmas

Good afternoon everyone I hope you are having a nice weekend.

I have managed over the last couple of days to sit & work on some Christmas cards, which I had already started before I got this nuisance cold.  It (the cold) started to go so I began to feel a bit better - now it is back again.  It has made me quite tired & so I can only sit & work for short sessions at a time.

Here are my cards;


They all use the same components - but not identical layout.


A closer look at 3 of them.

Those die-cut holly sprays were difficult to deal with.  At first I just die cut one & used wet glue to apply it to the card.  It did stick but was fiddly especially trying to avoid getting glue all over the cards.

Next I die-cut them all using stick-it.  I thought that would better for the fiddly areas - oh how wrong can you be.  When I peeled off the backing the little bits didn't always come away so then I had to hold them & remove piece by piece.  I have never got so sticky.  Still, it all worked OK in the end, & these are the results.

The baubles are some dies I have had for some time & the card I found at The Range -  small pads for about 1-99.  They are just the right side for backing sheets as well.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
'Bye for now.

Comments

  1. They look lovely Gloria. I recently used a sentiment die (which I'd won from Sue Wilson) and had the same trouble you've had with your holly sprays - I'm not sure I'll ever use it again 'cos it was so much trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same as you about the spray. It is so pretty but took ages to sort out. I think probably better to lightly stick it to the card with dots of wet glue from a fine tip applicator. That's what I did with the first one where I hadn't used stick-it & it has stuck fine. Gloria

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko