two recent cards

Good afternoon everyone - I thought it was about time I wrote another post.  So this time I decided to show you 2 recent cards I made, fortunately before being handicapped by my op.

They are both cards that needed to go out to the USA.

The first one is the birthday card for our son-in-law;


I had some great Kraft paper covered with old bicycle designs, which I layered onto some red & black striped paper & then mounted that onto a base white card.  The red sports car is decoupaged - not a thing I do that often - but this one went together very well.  I even put some acetate behind the windscreen aperture. He does actually have a red sporty car!

The second card was for our daughter & son-in-laws wedding anniversary;


This one was made using one of Crafters Companion 3-d embossing folders.  I really like this design & it is far more versatile to use than I have done here.  So I look forward to using it more.  I layered it onto a piece of blue card, then onto the white base card.  Before doing that I used a blue & pink stroke lavender gilding wax to highlight the scroll pattern, then just added a gold "Happy Anniversary" to a piece of  the pale blue card.

I hope you are all keeping well & busy making your Christmas cards, or hopefully you have completed them all & they are just awaiting the post.

\that is me for today & I hope to be back soon.

'Bye for now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post