UPDATE ON PARKFIELDS COMMUNITY CENTRE

 Good morning everyone.

I recently received from Parkfields Community Centre an email to inform me that they are re-opening on September the first.

As part of the email they sent me a floor plan of each room showing how, following Government guidelines , each room would accommodate people.  They also sent me their risk assessment plan which was quite extensive, & we would have to write our own.  Anyway, that is for later.

I am going to show you the floor plan here & after it will be some of my thoughts.

The Community room is where we have been holding our meetings. As you can see from the diagram of that room & the explanation of the layouts at the top left of the photo - it will only accommodate 9 people.

This would work for Mold (Thursday) club, but not for Mold II (Tuesday) club.  Also it would not be conducive to the way we hold our evenings as you would not be able to stand near the person demonstrating & that person would not be able to get close to you as you work.

Even the Large Hall cannot hold enough people for the Mold II group.

So, my personal view is, that, it is good that things are starting to open again but at the moment the situation does not suit our requirements.  Also, a personal point, I don't think I am ready, or prepared, to meet in those circumstances.  I am only coming out of shielding after today.  So I have to get used to being able to go to places again & I am not going to risk the good that has been done by myself & Bob in obeying the rules, & I am sure more of you will be thinking similarly.

I have sent a copy of the email to Joanna who has been looking after the Mold ladies & also to Carolyn who has been looking after the Mold II ladies for their thoughts.  I would appreciate having your thoughts too, as after all it is your club I am talking about.  Please feel free to send me any thoughts you have & send them by email.  That way I will receive any, or all, in the one place.  Thank you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post