anniversary card

Good evening ladies, how are you all?

Tonight I have a photo for you of the card I made for my step-daughters wedding anniversary. She lives with her husband in the USA & we haven't seen her for about seven years now.

Here is the card;


The biggest problem with sending cards to the States is the postage - so they have to be as flat as they can be & still interesting.  I stamped this white card a while ago whilst giving one of my workshops at the garden centre.  I was showing the ladies how easy it is to make your own backgrounds. I kept it in a plastic wallet as I knew eventually it would be useful for a card.

A couple of weeks ago I sat looking at it wondering what I would use it for when I noticed that I hadn't really thought about what stamps I was using, because this has butterflies & snowflakes!!  I then thought of Nicky - as her anniversary is a December anniversary - so the snowflakes would be OK.  Also isn't there a little saying along the style of - "a snowflake is winter's butterfly". So there you go - quite apt.

The large butterfly was a die-cut & I covered it in versamark ink & then found I had some old EP that was sparkly & virtually the same colour as the butterflies on the card.  The stamped panel was layered onto some silver card, then onto the card base.  I then added the butterfly on sticky dots & used a black peel-off greeting in the corner.

Here is a close-up of the die-cut butterfly;


That's all for today ladies. Tomorrow is the last meeting for 2015 at CSNW - so in the morning must make sure I have my box ready, along with the camera - must take photos & of course the traditional drink & mince-pies.

Night night - sleep well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post