Another Christmas card

Good morning everyone & it looks like being a rather nice day.

Today I have another of my Christmas card designs to show you & it is another stamped one.


I use a newly bought Christmas stamp - of this beautiful bauble.  I stamped it onto white card & coloured with my pearlescent paints, then cut it out. I embossed a white card with the little 4-dot pattern & then mounted the bauble on sticky dots & added a little bow.  The hardest thing to do was the Seasons Greetings sentiment, because I could not get it to cut properly on either my Cuttlebug or E-bosser.  In fact I even tried it on my small Sidekick die cutting machine.  Bob bought it for me years ago when die-cutting was just beginning to open up for the crafter to do rather than buy them ready cut. That wouldn't cut it either.  So, in the end I used my Sidekick with an embossing mat & just embossed it, then trimmed the card to shape.

When talking to a rubber stamping colleague, she said she always found mirri card difficult to die cut with, but also asked if I had used the C plate with my Cuttlebug.  C plate?  I hadn't got one of those.  So, I promptly sent for one & lo & behold the cuttlebug now cuts properly.

A little later this mornig I am off to meet Caroline for our seasonal exchange of Christmas stockings. So that will be nice - with time for a coffee & a natter.  I hope your weekend is going well too.

'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post