my recent large project

Good morning everyone.

I do hope you are all enjoying this lovely weather we are having even if you cannot go very far. I found it too hot yesterday in our back garden, even in the shade - as I am not allowed in the sun - so didn't stay out there long.

Back in the bank holiday weekend I decided it was time to put myself to work on a project I had been wanting to do for a while. Here are the photos - sorry!, quite a few - I will explain under each one.

It is a Photo  / Memory Album

It has a Christmas Theme in order to hold  the photos I took last Christmas 
when Bob & I spent from Christmas Eve to the day after Boxing Day
at Carden Park Hotel.


This is a view of the back cover, spine & front cover


This is a view of the album open showing the structure of pages in 2 sets.
One on the inside of the front cover & one on the inside of the back cover.
The one on the inside front cover also opens, to the left, like a book. 
The one on the inside of the back cover also opens, to the left, like a book.
The foundation for each of the two page blocks is a pocket.

The left side has a waterfall construction on top.
With the waterfall closed,
 the page opens to the left like a book - giving 2 more pages.


This shows the waterfall with the top flap lifted up.


This shows the waterfall section opened to the left displaying 2 more pages.


This one shows the right hand pages open to the left
Then the left side opens to the left again


Then this shows that second left section open.


This photo shows the lower part of the right section opened to the right
revealing the central section (to the left of this photo) which has 2 flaps.


Here the right page has been opened again to the right side giving more space.


This is the central section with the top flap opening upwards


& finally the bottom flap of the central section opening downwards.
Also at the bottom of the central page (where the red "Merry Christmas" paper is - is another pocket.

The albums base is Greyboard - & I cut & put together the basic album & cut all the papers for the pages on that Bank Holiday Sunday.

Over the next following days I shaped & added the pockets & pages to the album, creating the 3 sections that gradually unfold.  Another day saw the addition of the white photo mats & then I had to finally decide what I was actually going to put in it.  Last year I had bought a couple of 8x8 pads of Christmas designs some of which got used for cards. I have so many albums I want to make that working backwards in time seemed right - so it became our Christmas album. Of course it took a little while to decide which of the papers to use & to make sure I had enough of each.

Final stage over the next week or so is to select the photos to go in it, get them printed & added to the album. Plus it needs a title topper on the front.

When we left the hotel I did bring with me a couple of booklets that included each days menu & other information, plus the table setting cards with our name on, plus the Christmas Card which was also the menu card for Christmas Dinner. Since taking the above photos I have mounted these things & they are now sitting in the 2 pockets in the covers.  The front pocket holds the Christmas Day Card/Menu & the back pocket holds the Table setting cards with the Christmas Eve & Boxing Day menu's inserted into them.

Now! What am I going to make the next one for.

I hope you are keeping safe & well.  Looking forward to see what you have been making.

I do have some showcase items to put here & will see to that over next few days.

Wow! that is a long post.  So, that's me done for today. 'Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post