using my stash

Good afternoon ladies & gents.

This afternoon I have another of my "using my stash" cards.  This one gave me problems I hadn't prepared for - but I did get one made.  Now I have to decide whether I really like it or not.

The stash piece used this time was the piece in the top left-hand corner of this photo.

A little piece of encaustic wax work

The first problem was trying to stamp on it - I was going to put some grasses stamped in black on the right-hand edge.  Well! actually I did stamp the grasses - but the stamp slipped - so messy.

Next step was to try & remove the ink whilst it was wet - but no  - even messier.  So I trimmed the end piece off & also cut away a little of the sky.

Here is the almost finished card.  Only almost because I haven't added a greeting.


I rounded the corners of both the image & the Kraft card layer.

Then with what I thought was careful positioning I stamped the grasses on the white card.  The idea being that I would then match the image by stamping it on the image / kraft card piece.

Can someone please tell me why I didn't remember that the part of the stamp that would be on the waxed card would slip - again!!!!

So - it was another clean up.  Then I had an idea.  

Having cleaned off the wax card once again I then carefully trimmed partly around the stamped image on the white card - then simply slipped the image under it & adhered in place.  

After looking at it in this state I dabbed Distress Ink over the stamping & up the edge of the card.  Looking at the photo now I think I might do something similar in the bottom left-hand corner to balance it.

A very interesting play afternoon.

I hope your weekend is going well.
That's me for today.
'Bye



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post