Another recent card

Recently I weakened & bought some John Next Door flower stamps with matching dies.  Ooh - by the way - Good Morning everyone.

Now, I love making flowers & I already have a mixture of stamps that have to be hand cut & stamps that can be die cut - but you have to do each one individually.  John Next Door, & I am sure you have seen them, came up with the idea of plates of stamps with matching die plates.  So, you can stamp & die-cut multiple flowers.  I am all for saving time & theses work a treat.  Since buying them I have been looking at images of cards made by other people - mainly because over the last week or two my creative mojo has once again flown out the door.  Perhaps that should now read - had flown.

On Thursday I finally sat down & made my first JND card & here it is;


There is quite a bit of die-cutting but I can still use my favourite craft - stamping.
The flowers is his blossom flower both stamped & die-cut & as you can see the flowers come in different sizes - so layering works really well.
The mosaic die-cut background is also from JND & there are so many way to use this I am really looking forward to using itmore.

After making the card & set to & die cut some other flowers (no stamping this time) & cut them fro different colours. They are now stored in polybags in a folder for future use.  I will pop the photos here - but they may not be too clear as I took them after I put them in the polybags.


This is his blossom flower - cut in white to colour later to suit


This is his tatty daisy flower - cut in white for colouring or not later & some bright yellow ones.
I also cut some more in white & some in a lighter yellow


& these are his small ivy sprays - there is 3 in a set, 2 the same facing in opposite directions & one small one.  I cut these in white so that I can colour them to suit when I use them.

This weekend I have a bit of reorganisation to do on my craft desk, then its down to making more flowers & cards.

Have a great weekend.
'Bye for now.

Ooh - I meant to say - I was so taken with JND flower stamps & dies I am booked on a workshop with him in April at Inspiration (Hunkydory) Preston.  Can't wait.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post