possibly the last Christmas card

... well design wise anyway.

Oh, by the way - good evening everyone.

Hey, did you think I had lost it last night - totally off my head?  I really couldn't think of the words I needed to express what I was trying to say.  They may have been - sentimental, sentimentality, romantic, romanticism..... - I don't know.  Perhaps I was finally getting swept up in the Christmas festivities.  If you speak to my family - they will tell you that they have to hide the fact that over Christmas there are animated films on the TV,  because I want to watch them all.  They suffered "Happy Feet" one year & have never let me forget it.  They forget these great animated films were not around when I was a child - OK, I went to the cinema & saw Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs - I was seven!  Not the same as what they can watch today.  But still magical.

Ah! perhaps that another word I was looking for - Magical.  Santa & Pete was magical even though you could work out what was going to happen at different stages.  It was still magical.

Enough, enough - back to crafting & Christmas cards;


For this design I embossed the front of the card with the "dots" embossing folder.  I then stamped & embossed the Christmas tree in silver (it was a freebie stamp - part of a set).  Then I cut the tree out in a rectangle, plus a slightly larger layer also in white, then a slightly larger rectangle in silver mirri card.  The mirri card & the white layer are flat but the tree layer is on sticky pads.

By the way - the layers were cut with those new Tattered Lace essential dies - of squares, rectangles, circles & ovals - which I gave in on & bought. But it does make life simpler.

Tomorrow I will be putting the message inside - which will be stamped.  I just can't make up my mind whether to put a "Merry Christmas" or "Seasons Greetings" on the front.  I wanted it to be clean & simple - so will probably leave as is.  Today I completed 17 of these.  I may have to make more if I have miscounted again.

Well, the weekend is here again - have a good one.
That's me for tonight.  Night night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post