just chatting & some work in progress

Good afternoon ladies.

Just to bring you up to date - I had my ultrasound yesterday following a week of injections, for the consultant to see how things were going.

I am pleased to say there is no sign of a DVT & the consultant is very pleased.  I will be keeping an eye on my leg as obviously I don't want that to happen again, especially as now I have taken a deep breath & braved a flight to Cyprus earlier this year. I think Bob may have another trip lined up for next year, as our friends in Alicante will be celebrating their Golden Wedding Anniversary.

So what I have I been up to craft wise?

I am doing some re-organisation of my craft room - which really is a never ending task, because I keep changing my mind as to how I want things.  I am really pleased with my MDF Die Storage boxes & Stamps Away - who trade as Clever Cuts, have now brought one out for stamps.  It has acrylic shelves for your stamps to stick to - & you can use both sides - so yesterday I ordered one of those.  I also ordered two of their Pen Storage blocks. I am going to put my Promarkers in them. At the moment they are stored flat in boxes in a drawer - so it is a case of out of sight out of mind.

Just before taking my recent break I was watching the Hochanda craft channel & John Lockwood of Creative Expressions was on demonstrating.  He showed 2 quite interesting techniques.  One was embossing a piece of card & then going over it with Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Texture Paste. Gave a great effect.  The other technique was using the Paste again - but first he die-cut a decorative panel in a piece of card, then cut another piece of card the same colour & glued the 2 together. Next he spread this texture past over the design & when the excess was scraped away the paste had gone down into the pieces that had come out in the die cut pattern.  So yesterday I thought I would give that one a try.

Here is a photo of the result;


Doesn't it look great?

But, have you spotted the ghastly disaster?  Yes - I've got paste around the edge. He didn't have that & I can't work out how he avoided it.  So I have emailed him & now just waiting to see if he replies, & more to the point can he put me straight on this.

Obviously with that slight disaster -  haven't tried the other technique where he used the paste on the embossed piece of card.

Right talking of crafting - I have a wedding card to make - so I had better get on with it.
More tomorrow I expect.  'Bye for now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post