an update post

Hi everyone I am sorry I have not blogged since Sunday.

On Monday I had to take Bob to the Countess for his dressing to be changed, having changed them myself over the weekend.  Although his appointment is fairly quick it still takes up quite a bit of the day & leaves us both a bit ragged & he has to go back again tomorrow!

On Tuesday morning I managed to pull a muscle in my back so have been hardly able to do anything. It hurts to stand & walk & then again to sit or lay down, plus getting up being very slow & tricky. When I went for my CT scan in Glan Clwyd on Tuesday I told them about it & everyone was so kind helping me on & off the scan bed.  I saw my Oncologists boss after the scan & she recommended that I took paracetamol 4 times a day & explained that when I did whatever I did to pull the muscle it actually was reacting in order to protect the spine that is already painful from the cancer. So when it hurst it is when it goes into a protective spasm.

Then this morning I have been back to Glan Clwyd for my one-off session of radiotherapy.  There was a bit of a wait as I had to have some anti-sickness medication half-hour before the treatment.  I asked about stronger pain killers & they sought advice from a nurse, who was so helpful. When she saw me having difficulty walking she recommended another pain killer & organised the first prescription from the hospital pharmacy.  It meant a bit of waiting around but worth it.  So now I just wait to see what the affect of the new pills & the radiotherapy session will do for me

Sorry to go on a bit but I do get messages asking how I am doing & this is the easiest way to update everyone.  I am very grateful for your concern, & for your messages.

Sadly all this meant that I was unable to got to the CSNW meeting last night.  I sent them a sketch via Grace & they used the materials to make the card they would have used in my project, during the evening.  This morning I received some photo from Elvena of their cards & will load them onto my laptop tomorrow.  As well as that I have a member showcase for you from a Mold II member & a recent card that I have managed to make during the last week, plus all those lovely birthday cards you gave me.

More tomorrow - about cards & craft that is -- not about Bob's & my complaints.

'Bye for now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post