Just chatting

Good afternoon everyone.

I am sorry I have not written anything since Saturday but Bob & I have been away for a couple of days.

Back in January Bob celebrated a "large" birthday & his present from me could not be given to him until this last weekend.  I bought him a special one-day tour on a heritage steam train.

On Sunday we drove up to York & stayed overnight then early on Monday morning we took a taxi to York Station where we boarded this special train.  It took us from York to Carlisle & back again providing us with breakfast on the outward trip & a 4-course meal on the homeward trip with just over 2 hours stop over in Carlisle.

The first part & last part of the journey the train was pulled by a diesel engine (an old one) then  it changed over to a steam train.  Because of recent weather conditions & the dryness of the landscape around our journey the steam engine wasn't in full steam.  Some of the work was still done by the diesel engine.  They couldn't risk starting fires with sparks from the steam engine.  It did not spoil the trip at all as we could often see the steam blowing across the landscape.

It was then back to the Hotel for Monday night & we drove home today.  Both trips we drove to & from York via the scenic route using the Motorway only at the beginning of day one & the end of today.

Tomorrow is the August meeting for the CSNW ladies which I will be attending - all thing being equal.  So I should have some photos soon on that.

That's me for today.  I hope you all had a good weekend & did something exciting too.
'Bye for now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post