another recent card

Good afternoon ladies (& gent's if any are reading this).

Happy Valentines Day to you all - I hope you had nice cards & perhaps some other nice surprises as well.  I was a very lucky lady - I had a beautiful card & 24 red roses.

This afternoon I have another one of my recently made cards.  This one was for a friend who lives in France. She is the owner, along with her husband, of the gite where we visit in Brittany with whom we have become great friends.


Having started to use stencils on a coupe of my recent cards I decided to make this card with just one stencil. I must have had this stencil a couple of years now & not used it - I am sure it is one of Barbara Grays.  I used Distress Inks through the stencil & was looking for quite a light "sponged" look.  After stamping the Happy Birthday in the corner I felt that there was something else needed.  There was a set of stamps sitting on my desk & amongst them was this little butterfly.  Just what I needed so I stamped it in black & then dug out some good colouring pencils & managed to tie the colours on them to the tulips.  Some ink around the edges of the card layer, then added to the card.

I was really quite pleased with it & it rekindled my interest in stencils - so you are going to see more on my cards & projects as time goes on.

Enjoy the rest of Valentines Day.
'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post