a birthday card

Good afternoon everyone

I realised this morning that I haven't yet shown you the card I made for Bob's birthday which was at the beginning of the month.


I embossed a piece of silver mirri card with that lovely link pattern embossing folder. I then die cut the silver frame. Well actually that is not strictly true - I actually tried to die cut a fancy "happy birthday" which had been free on a magazine sometime last year - but try as many times as I could, it would not cut well enough to actually take out of the die cleanly.  So I then cut the silver frame with the aperture & stamped the "it's your birthday" sentiment onto black card with Versamark ink & then heat embossed with silver EP.  I placed the sentiment behind the aperture in the silver frame & added "to my husband" & "happy birthday" from black peel offs.  I then wrapped the ribbon around the embossed mirri card & layered it onto the base white card.  The frame & sentiment were then put on slightly overlapping the ribbon.  It looked a little bare so I pulled out the little black ovals from the letters in the peel offs & added them where the links crossed.

It is very nice having those free dies from magazines but not all of them work that well.  The one I was trying certainly didn't like being used on mirri card.  I shall give it another chance & see if it will cut out of ordinary card.

Right, that's me for today - more tomorrow.  'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post