a crafty day - another album

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday I felt that I had do start myself off properly on crafting again - so I grabbed the bull by the horns - well at least my card, paper & trimmer & settled down to craft.

As you know I made a rather nice album for Bob for his special birthday this year & also recently had made some quick & easy small ones.  I have also started one to put the photos of Gwion in showing his first year.  I say started - the album basic is finished - I now have the embellishments to do & to decide on photo positions & sizes.

So I thought - new bit of creativity - new album.

I was inspired by watching a video on the Internet, where the lady explained everything really clearly. The album took about 8 - 10 A4 sheets of card & papers from a 6x6 pad.  There is still enough papers left for trimming photo mats or adding borders should I wish to do so. Certainly enough to make a couple of quick cards.

Here is my version;


The front cover with its closure. 
At first I was going to use magnets to close it but I only had really tiny ones so they didn't work.  I used Velcro dots instead. By the way - the whole idea is for the pages to be staggered like that as the front cover is shorter than the back cover. I haven't put any sort of title on it yet as I can't make up my mind to have just "Photos" or perhaps "Memories"


The inside of the front cover & the first page.
The cream card is just for me to get an idea of tags or photos mats & how many. The first page is a z-fold page. The right hand section opens out to the right & the when the page is closed & turned over there is a small pocket.  This page is actually attached to the inside back cover - see second to last photo.


This shows the flap on the first page opened.


Here it shows the reverse of page one complete with a pocket & the gatefold insert as page 2


This is the gatefold insert open & I again used Velcro pads as fasteners.
The brads that show in the photo above were just for embellishment.


The gatefold page is a flap page & folds down.
This photo shows it flipped down & uncovers page 3 which is a pocket page with side opening & also has a pocket on the front.


The pocket page is also a flip page & folds up.
This photo then reveals the way page one is attached to the inside back cover giving another pocket.


Finally the back cover.

I did have a couple of problems.  I used wet glue to attach the papers & it is possible to see in some of the photos where the line of glue is.  So I need to change that for future albums - I am thinking of going to DSST but applying with an AGT applicator.  Also where I used the brads even though I stuck them down as flat as I could, on the back it does show on one page - so I will need a border or embellishment to hide that.

But that said I am pleased with how it turned out.  Everything measured & cut well & I guess it took me most of the day.  Normally I would not create one like that I would do it in stages & spread it over a couple of days.  But I wanted to really get on with this one.

Phew! that's a lot of chat!

That's me for today. Take care & 'bye for now.

PS - Oops nearly forgot.  A big thank you to Annette of Mold II  club who came back with a date for when Mold II club started.  It seems my guess was about right - 2003.  Annette pinpointed it by knowing that shortly after we started we surprised Bill & Sue on their silver wedding & they celebrated a ruby wedding last year. So the club was 15 years old last year.

'Bye.

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post