Catching up .,..............

..... well I suppose you could say that this is truly our first day in our new home.  We were very fortunate in that the man buying our house was happy for us to take our time moving out.  So although the really big main part of our move was over Monday & Tuesday this week we did have some things to go back for this weekend.  I won't go into details here about what that was, but there was still almost a days work to be done, & with the help of Gareth our son, everything was cleared away.

So that is why I say that today is probably our first proper day in our new home, because we now do not have a link to our old home.  A home that has served us for 21 years.  It was sad letting it go - but it was exciting moving on & already this feels like home.

There is lots to be done as I am sure most of you will appreciate & especially if you have done it before.  I have some photos to show you later - mainly of the room that is to become my craft room

Talking of photos - I still have to show you the photos from the Mold meeting on Thursday.  I hope to do that tomorrow - please bear with me - I really hope to be back to normal with those sort of posts asap.  After all it is the Mold II meeting on Tuesday (25th) - so I have to get back to normal.

Now I do have a problem with my new craft room & when I get to show you the photos of it straight after moving you will see why.  But I will do my best to have everything together for the clubs - and / or to sort things so that the club nights go ahead as planned.

Stepping back a day or two I also have to say that some of our in house sorting was made easier by the help from our son Russ & our daughter in law Nadine on Thursday.  Nadine helped me sort the kitchen  boxes so that everything is almost where I want it to be, whilst Russ helped Bob with other things like TV's etc.

We also found time to set up the Patio set & managed to sit outside for a snack & a natter.  I then had to leave them having something to eat whilst I went to the Mold meeting.

Now the patio set - that is another story.  I saw the one I wanted at Asda in  Queensferry a few weeks
before we new we would be moving.  I wanted it - but Bob being the sensible one  :)  said "not until we know the move is OK" Well he was right - but when we went to Asda on Thursday they didn't have the one I wanted (except the one on display which they cannot sell whilst the item is active). The lady was very helpful & checked if they had any in the warehouse- answer no.  Would I like  her to look online for me - Asda online that is?.  Yes, please.  No! it was out of stock.  I am by now so disappointed - I had set my heart on this particular one. Why do we do this?  Next question was  "Could she ring around the other stores for me?"  Yes please.  She rang Ellesmere Port - they had 4.  We popped over there & I have now got my patio set & as you saw above we have already had it put up & used it.  Next big purchase a BBQ - before the summer (?) is over.

Well! I have prattled on quite a but over this move.  Believe me this blog will soon return to what it was meant for - talking about the things YOU do - with the occasional bit about what I am up to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post