a recent card .....

.....  & it is so recent I made it this afternoon.

Hello everyone.

The card I have to show to you this afternoon is the one I have just made for my brothers birthday.  It is always so difficult to know what design to do.  He has in the past raced motorbikes - but some time ago when we were chatting he totally out of the blue said that he didn't see the point of being sent cards with motorbikes on because he got his pleasure from riding them.  Oh well - there goes one idea.  Recently I found a rather good motorbike die - so I will save that for my nephews card as he is the racer now.

Anyway after that little bit of "background" - here is the card;


I created a top fold square card with a copper mirri layer.  I have this great die from Tim Holtz of this corner die of cogs (it also comes with lots of individual cogs as well.  I die-cut them from black card & glued to the mirri card.  Then I die-cut the Happy Birthday from copper mrri & also black card.  This is the first time I have ever put 2 die-cuts together to give a drop shadow. I found it a bit tricky, as I didn't easily apply the glue - I think another time I will use that Stick It! paper.

Despite that slight problem I am rather pleased with the card.   By the way I have noticed that the greeting is slightly on the slant - but it looks OK I think.  Perhaps helped by the diagonal lines created by the 2 corner pieces.

That is my news for today - another recent card tomorrow.
'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post