Another recent card

Good mooring everyone.

The card I am showing you today is an Anniversary card.  It is for Sue & Bill (Crafty Sue's!) who are celebrating their Ruby wedding.

Some of you may remember that when we were meeting at the Daniel Owen centre I managed to get Bill to come to the meeting just after we had started, & without Sue's knowledge, so that we could present them with a card & a cake.  That was for their Silver Anniversary - who would believe that was 15 years ago - where has time gone!!!

Here is the card;


On a workshop a while back, with Ali Reeve of "Stamps Away" (aka - Clever Cuts) - one of the techniques she showed us was using the Distress Inks on the stamp & then spritzing them for a watercolour effect. Also using second generation stamping as well.  That is how I got this watery, misty effect.  The 2 wine glasses were die-cut from a piece of acetate & coloured paper placed behind to simulate wine.

That was fun cutting the acetate - as it did 2 things - it cracked the acetate near to the cut & also it didn't cut all the way through. So I had to finish them by cutting with scissors.  Fortunately they are a simple design.  I think possibly the softer acetate is best for die-cutting.  I will have to experiment.

So there you are another card from me.  Tomorrow evening is the Mold club meeting so on Friday I should have photos for you from that.

'Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post