Demo preparation

Good afternoon everyone.

Once again I had not realised that several days have gone by since I last posted on here. So therefore I must offer my apologies.

I have been rather busy sorting out items for a demo I am taking part in.  My subject is embossing folders, stencils & dies.

I have tried to think of different ways to use these items, whether separately or in a combination, & to make samples to show.  Then of course to prepare some card ready to do a practical demo on the day.

So far I have ............  well let me show you some of them;

Embossing with a plastic stencil - then inking the design through the stencil.
With a die-cut greeting added. 


A technique I spotted a couple of years back
A die-cut (or hand-cut) design glued to a background paper, then the whole design is run through an embossing folder.


A scenic embossing folder - embossed onto white card, then again on black card.
The black design then has the background cut away & is glued on top of the white card/
Some glitter added to brighten it. I've got another idea with that one.


I remembered that some time ago I bought a set of diffusers which allows for partial or specific embossing
I hadn't used them  .. until thinking about this demo.


This was only tried out on thinnish card - which as you can see did rather crinkle the edges of the one on the right.
By using the diffuser on the left, the centre panel doesn't emboss.
Then by using the diffuser on the right, it is only the centre panel that embosses.

I enjoyed trying those diffusers out & think they will probably get used more now.

I still have some samples to finish & another couple of ideas to try out.

I hope you all had a good weekend - which already seems ages ago.  The highlight of our weekend was a visit from Gareth & Elayne with Gwion.  His first visit to his grand parents house!  ðŸ‘ªðŸ˜Š

That is me for today - more photos tomorrow.
'Bye.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post