It's been a MAM weekend..................

........................ What - I hear you asking is a MAM weekend?

Well! for me it was a "Mini Album Mania" weekend.

We went to see our grandson on Bank Holiday Monday & Elayne gave us a set of small photos that were part of the professional photo session on the day they left hospital.

We had 8 (2 lots of 4 so that Bob had some to show as well) & they measured approx 5 cm x 7.5 cm - they would be lost in a normal photo album or scrapbook unless I came up with a very clever idea.  I had already been thinking of trying a smaller album after learning how to make that file folder album - so looking at these photos in the week I suddenly knew what I was going to try.

I took A4 card, decided on the height of the album & cut a strip from the sheet.  Unfortunately I couldn't get 2 strips out of the one sheet.  I really felt I didn't want to make it any smaller - so I cut the other strip from a second A4 card. But the left over card was great for making tags & other pieces.

The next stage was to fold it & put it together. The obvious method to use was to use the one we had been shown by Carolyn for the file folder album.  So yesterday I set to choosing the papers & cutting everything out. As we were meeting one of Bob's Sisters-in-law & her family for a meal I stopped at that point.  I really didn't want to rush this but I also wanted to make it now.

Therefore this morning I had a great session putting everything together - the pages, the tags to go in the pockets, the spine cover & adding embellishments. Then I added 3 of the 4 photos to the pocket tags.  The reason I put them on the pocket tags was because they were all  landscape orientation & would have looked odd on the pages.  But on the tags, because they are pulled out of the album to be looked at - they look fine.  I am really pleased with the result & now I can make sets of them for different stages of his first year, & onwards I suppose.  There are still empty pages & I have to add the who, what, where page - but it is looking good even if I say so myself.

Here are some photos;
The open album - standing up


The front cover


The inside front cover, first page & a little tag


The second & third pages - the left hand page has the top loading pocket & tag
Excuse my fingers being in a couple of these - the pages wouldn't stay ope by themselves.


The third & fourth pages.  
The third page has the side opening pocket with tag


The fifth page & inside cover
The left hand page has the other top opening pocket with tag
The right hand page has a little tag added. It sits underneath the paper at the fold edge.


The back cover


With the tags slightly pulled out


The tags out of the pockets.


He is adorable (I expect all grandparents say that!) & I am so pleased with the album.

Therefore it is once again I have to say thank you to Carolyn for this inspiration.
I've already got the next one sitting on my desk waiting for decoration.
So as I said at the top a "Mini Album Mayhem" weekend.

I hope you had a good weekend as well.
'Byee.

Oops - nearly forgot to say - the overall size of the album is .... 11cm x 9cm (4.25" x 3.5")

Comments

  1. Very nice Gloria, a great idea to show off the photos (he's adorable!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw cute...how big is it, Gloria?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really nice I am sure they will of been pleased with it. Rita

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post