I promise this is the last post about them.
After receiving a reply from Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine I pulled the magazine out of the rubbish bag & went through every card instruction in the article with those stamps.
It turned out that the only one where the instructions were wrong was for the sample card that I chose to make. The rest of the instructions make sense & produce the effect seen in the various photos of the cards.
I sent them another message saying thank you for replying to my query & asked if they would be mentioning in the next issue (or possibly the one after) the error. We will see.
That's me uptodate.
Enjoy the rest of the day.