club programmes

Hi Ladies
I had a mixed day today. 

First I finished sorting the programme for the 3 clubs to take you through to December, well for  Mold & Mold II, CSNW also meet in December not January so there was an extra one to find for them.  Tomorrow I am hoping to get everything onto the club pages as well.

Next I sorted out some of the Portmeirion photos in order to start an album.  I am going to make an envelope album with them so that I have it as a sample for workshops & to show to all of you to see if you would be interested in making one.  I started using a part of My Craft Studio that I haven't used so far - part of the effects section. I was creating my own backgrounds using the photos.  In the effects section (of course if you have MCS you will know what I am talking about), you can swirl a picture or make kaleidascope (not sure I have spelt that right) patterns - you can even mix the two effects. You get some stunning results. So I thought I would see what I could do because then the background should have the same colours as the photos.

Here is one of the photos that has been cropped & had the corners rounded,


and here is the background I created;

It's clever isn't?

Before I actually use it I will lighten it a little otherwise it will probably overpower the photo.  Although I will layer that on something else anyway.  So some time was spent with each photo that I have chosen, to make complimentary backgrounds for each one.  I thought these would make a change from tiling the photo for a background paper.  Once these have been created the colours can be changed, also the amount of swirl - so this one pattern can become many others.  I shall put about 4 of these onto an A4 paper as I only need them a smallish size.  Creating this as a full A4 would not look so good.  I  may even try an idea I have just had - decrease the size then tile it.  Might go off & try that when I have finished writing this.

Tomorrow is the September meeting for Mold & I am looking forward to seeing what they did with their bamboo tiles & buttons that Marie left with them at the August meeting.  There will be pictures to show you, although not until Friday as it is a bit late by the time I get in from the meeting.

So that is it for tonight - more tomorrow.

Oh no it isn't.  I also today worked out the design I want for the envelope album - that is how I will make the pockets & layer the pages together.  I thought I had done more than I had written about.

That really is it for tonight.  Night night.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post