A wedding card

Good morning ladies - although by the time I have finished typing this it should read - Good afternoon ladies, as I have just spotted that is exactly noon.

I thought I would stop by & show you the card I have made for my god-daughters wedding.  Now! you know that in the main my cards are uncluttered, or clean & simple as I like to call them.  Yet  setting out to make this clean & simple wasn't so easy after all.  But I got there in the end.


The card is actually white - a very crisp white - but here it looks like it has a blue-ish tinge.  I edged the embossed paper with a Promarker whose colour exactly matched the ribbon, & I die cut their initials & coloured those with the same Promarker too. The edges of the embossed card, the die cut sentiment & the little insert have also been coloured with the same pen.

The initials I die-cut with an alphabet set I bought when the Sissix Sidekick first came out.  Bob  had bought me the sidekick for Christmas that year & then I treated myself to the alphabet set - which also includes numbers & punctuation.  As well as upper case letters it has lower case letters & both come in 2 versions - the one you see above & a slim version so that they can be layered on each other.  At the time it cost me an arm & a leg, & I haven't really used it enough - but I think that is all going to change now.

Earlier this morning I put the ribbon around the cakes & some silver ribbon around the edges of the cake drum boards.  So they are now ready to go tomorrow.  Just the flowers to attend to on Wednesday at the hotel.  What a change in the weather too!  This could be more of a white wedding than planned.  Keep your fingers crossed it holds off for her until later - preferably after we have driven home on Thursday.

I am going to be wearing the outfit I wore for Russ & Nadine's wedding nearly 2 years ago - so I hope it is not too cold as it has short sleeves.  I tried it on this morning & was pleased to find I could still get in to it, as over this last 18 months I have put on a little extra which I must try & lose.

Well that is me for today - I may be able to blog whilst away - so just pop in to check.
'Bye for now.

Comments

  1. Lovely card Gloria and I can't wait to see the photos of the cake. Enjoy the wedding and drive safely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko